Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Am I Doing Enough?


Recently, Sister Julie B. Beck, General Relief Society President, came to speak at my local Stake Center for a fireside. I felt so very blessed to be able to hear her counsel and guidance. Throughout the fireside many questions were asked but one question in particular stood out to me: "How can I do it all? How can I know I am doing enough?"

I was very interested in Sister Beck's answer.

"You will never have enough time, money, or energy to do all the things you would like to do," she stated.

She went on to say that the thing that helped her the most was to prioritize.

Sister Beck divided her life into three categories:

1. Essential Things (things you must do to attain eternal life):
  • Pray Daily -- don't wait to pray, because you will never have a convenient moment.
  • Scripture Study -- every day spend time in the scriptures.
  • Temple Attendance -- whenever you can.
  • Regular Church Attendance
    2. Necessary Things (things you need to do to get through life):

    • Eating, sleeping, bathing
    • Serving
    • Getting an education
    • Managing your resources

    3. Nice-To-Dos (things that are not essential but you enjoy doing):

    • Reading, gardening, sewing
    • Using the computer
    • Watching television or movies

    Sister Beck counseled to focus on the Essentials, then the Necessary, and then the Nice-To-Do's. She also said to look at all things, such as trials or new experiences, as opportunities instead of challenges. Your attitude makes a huge difference, and what you do now affects who you become. Your main focus should always be Eternal Life.

    After I left I felt edified and uplifted. So maybe I can't do it all, but I can do as much as I can . . . and you know what?

    That's good enough.


    Kiley has been married to the love of her life {and Donny Osmond look-a-like} for seven years. She is also Mother to a gorgeous three year old girl, Owner and Designer of Cherry Blossoms {Hair Accessories} and Cherry Blossoms {The Blog}.

     
    Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

    MMB

    Facebook