Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Sometimes, I Pretend


Sometimes, when I don't want to load the dishwasher, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (You mean, I don't have to wash each and every dish? By hand?!)



Sometimes, when my husband accidentally erases a year's worth of pictures from our computer, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (I'll just keep looking at these 347 million other ones I never had.)



Sometimes, when I grumble about how quickly the floor gets dirty, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Wowee! A floor not made of dirt!)

Sometimes, when my three kids are driving me bonkers, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Three healthy, whole children. Blessings from heaven.)

Sometimes, when I think I have nothing to eat, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (This pantry is overflowing! Whadillitbe kids?)



Sometimes, when I think I live too far away from my family and friends, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (I will probably never see my loved ones again.)



Sometimes, when I get scared about moving again, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Westward Ho!)

Sometimes, when I am having a hard time getting rid of stuff as I am de-junking my house in preparation for moving, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Looks like we'll have to leave the good china and the piano behind, but least we have the clothes on our back.)



Sometimes, when I start to whine about having a cold, I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Not as bad as that time I almost died from malaria!)



Sometimes, when I start dreading the time my husband is going to be gone with our one and only vehicle and I will be home alone for three weeks having to walk with three children under the age of five a total distance of four miles in the Southwest heat to get my son to preschool four days of the week...{deep breath}..., I pretend I am a pioneer woman. (Sounds like a typical day to me. I don't get what all the fuss and heavy breathing is about.)



Sometimes, when I get wrapped up in pretending I am a pioneer woman...

I pretend I am me.

Just for fun.


*Image courtesy of Google Images


-----


Evelyn Perkins wants to be a pioneer woman when she grows up. Or at least have the heart of one. Read about her trek to full pioneer-woman-hood on her personal blog, The Perks of Life.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook