Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Handipoints

I am an organizational junkie. I can't get enough of it. I love to make lists, and charts, and crossing things off? Totally makes my day.

Naturally, I make my kids have chore charts.

However, when I first made those chore charts, I had a really tough time. My kids can't read yet, so I needed pictures of tasks. Unfortunately, most of the graphics I found were not what I had in mind, or they were confusing.

But NOW, I have a secret weapon.



Handipoints lets you make printable chore charts, coloring pages, and even behavioral charts.

But that's not all. They have a whole virtual world, HandiLand, that your child can play in. They can adopt a cat, dress 'em up, and have them visit friends and go shopping. But instead of having them earn points by working in a virtual world, they earn points by doing their chores in THIS world.

Handipoints is a virtual community for families where children’s everyday “real world” chores earn them big prizes and new adventures in a safe online environment that is controlled and monitored by parents. Unlike other children’s Web sites, Handipoints marries offline tasks, such as cleaning their room and brushing their teeth, with online entertainment and games to teach children the value of their work and foster good behavior. While they’re having fun, children learn about saving money and building responsible habits – and parents get a helping hand with positive reinforcement that is educational at the same time.

And Handipoints isn't just for chores and behaviors either. They have vocabulary and math worksheets, dress up games, and even an entire section dedicated to kids arts and crafts.

I am loving their site, not only as a resource, but as motivation. My kids love to play on the computer, and it's nice that they try to earn playtime by helping out around the house.

Handipoints is also a sponsor in our September giveaway. They are offering one lucky reader a one year subscription of their premium membership service called the "Cool Cats Club", a $39.95 value! The September giveaway will open September 28, so be on the lookout for this and other great prizes!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook