Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Meet the Meekers

In the beginning there was just the two of us.

Me and Sugar Daddy.

For almost ten years we lived and loved as two. We were compadres, best friends and lovers.

We grew lonely for children, for that is what infertility is at it's core. Collective loneliness.

And then the boy arrived, unannounced. A huge surprise. Oh happy day! We were three. We bought the family meal at Oscar's. We signed our Christmas cards Love, the Meekers.

But still, in our heart of hearts, we felt like two plus one.

Today I awoke to the soft heavy breaths of my lover. Today I have a son, a daughter, a dog and a fence around my yard. I have tomato plants and dirty dishes in my sink. I have play dough crumbs on my table. Today I have spit up on my pajamas and bikes in my drive way.

Today I realized that my biggest childhood wish had come true.

Don't be surprised if I also become a mermaid and have a house made out of candy. Magic is in the air.
 
---

April Meeker is the maker of jewelry, art and dinner in her home by the sea. You can read more of her everyday shenanigans at www.suaviloquy.blogspot.comhttp://twitter.com/suaviloquy. and follow her tweets at


 

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook