Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Make your pillows look like VERA WANG Pillows for $1.74!

A few months ago, I was feeling creative and WILD, and I had wanted to experiment with felt for quite some time. So, with a few sheets of felt in hand, I went to work. For your information, felt costs 29 cents a sheet(I got mine at Michael's). $1.74 for 6 sheets (that's how much I bought).


Get a pillow:

Start with a simple pillow. You may already have one that needs a little GLAM. I made mine with IKEA fabric. Plain. Old. Black and White. IKEA fabric.



Cut the felt:


I began cutting the felt into flowers....then I layered the pieces of felt on top of each other to create the dimension that I loved from a Vera Wang pillow that I saw at Kohl’s a while back.


Here they are:



Didn't they turn out fabulous!?! Really, the pictures don't do these pillows justice. Click on the images to enlarge so you can see the detail. Here's a better picture of the flower.


Tack them in place:

I tacked them on with a thread and needle, and hot glued a pink jewel in the middle from my craft bin. Here they are in a teenage girl’s room that I designed.




Hope you like them! By the way...FELT comes in TONS of colors! :) Happy felt hunting.

----

Brooke is a mom of three who is obsessed with decorating and loves to teach others how to do it the THRIFTY way over at her site All Things Thrifty.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook