Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

My Big Fat Double Standard

A few weeks ago, my husband and I took our children out for lunch at "the ham store" (as the munchkins call it), a popular eatery next to his office. As we were leaving, I advised all three little boys to throw their drinks away because we can't have non-hermetically sealed drink cups inside the car.

And then I kept mine.

So, as we were walking to the car, G-Dog looks at my drink cup, looks at me, and says, "Mommy, why do you get to keep your drink but we had to throw ours away?"

Now, I admit, I totally asked for what came next when I responded by saying, "Because I'm a hypocrite and I have a double standard."

He didn't miss a beat. "Oh. Can I have a drink of your double standard?"

Um, sure. And also, you can have a slice of my humble pie.

--
InkMom is a musician, writer, and midnight bookkeeper for her husband's business. She revels in the beauty of their Western North Carolina home and sincerely hopes heaven closely resembles the Blue Ridge Mountains. While she and her husband live out a great love story, they raise three crazy boys (4, 4 and 3) and one blessed brand new baby girl. To find out more about InkMom, visit her personal blog, I'm (not) Crazy Mommy.









Photo by The Artifex

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook