Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Because You Are Worth It


"You are awesome! You are amazing! And you CAN make a difference!"

I pounded it into the heads of my Beehive class that day. I wanted so much for them to believe it, to understand it!

They are daughters of God and their potential knows no bounds! I knew it and I wanted them to know it too.

The pressure can be intense sometimes, really intense. People talk about it, joke about it, but we have all seen just how true it is. "If mom’s not happy, no one is happy."

I admit, sometimes I can’t help but feel like that’s a bit unfair. What if I have a bad day? A bad week or month? Are we not entitled to those?

Perhaps that is why we women look down on ourselves so much. We have an incredible amount of influence in the home. The burden of carrying its mood and mindset weighs on our shoulders as we deal with laundry, diapers, screaming, nights with no sleep; and, as kids get older, teenage drama, sports events, piano recitals, broken hearts, and more nights with no sleep.

Not to mention all the hard work marriage takes!

I suppose that is why it is so easy for us to forget that we are just as amazing, just as much daughters of God as the young women sitting there in my Beehive class.

At some point, everyone feels frustrated. There have been many posts here where women talk about dealing with depression. Why is it so easy for us to believe in others and not in ourselves?

I came across this, by Lavina Fielding, associate editor for the Ensign.

Women who are bored, frustrated, lonely, and unhappy are terribly handicapped in also trying to be righteous. For some, the answer is changing their circumstances. For others, the answer is changing their character to meet those circumstances.

She also quoted another woman who said:

And I also knew that my Heavenly Father wouldn’t set me on a course of life that would make me constantly miserable. So my job was to find happiness in that course of life. Once I started looking for the Lord’s kind of happiness instead of my own, I found it.


I KNOW that it’s easier said than done.

But you know what?

We are awesome! We are amazing! And we CAN make a difference!

Even if it’s just for ourselves. Because we are so worth it.



Footnote: Lavina Fielding, “Problems, Solutions: Being a Latter-day Saint Woman Today,” Ensign, Mar 1976, 16


---

Serene is a mom of four kids in four and a half years who loves chocolate, art, and high heels. She blogs over at Serene is my name, not my life!


 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook