Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Creativity with Embroidery Hoops

I wanted to make an art piece for my little girls' room, and decided to create it by using embroidery hoops. The goal was to create polka dots with some dimension.

Making art yourself is almost always cheaper than buying something already created. This idea is very inexpensive.

Items you need to make this art:

1 Sheet of ply wood
As many embroidery hoops as you want (I got a bunch of different sizes to create a lot of dots)
Craft paint
Wood Glue

It's DARLING, isn't it!?! And versatile... if you changed the colors, it would look completely different.

First, I arranged the hoops into the design that I wanted. Next, I took the hoops apart and only used the side without the hardware. I threw away the sides with the hardware. I painted the ply wood and let it dry completely. Next, I painted the embroidery hoops and let them dry completely.

Next, I glued the hoops onto the ply wood. This took some patience. I ended up stacking heavy objects on top of the hoops to keep pressure on them until they dried completely. Next, I painted inside the hoops (on the ply wood). I did have to touch up around some of the edges of the hoops.


As you can see, the hoops add dimension to the wall art. I LOVE the way it turned out.



Here's another look: My husband created a wooden edge around it so that it looked finished. This is completely optional, but I really like the way it turned out.





Brooke is a mom of three who is obsessed with decorating and loves to teach others how to do it the THRIFTY way over at her site All Things Thrifty.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook