Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Greet Spring: Broiled Salmon with Fresh Herbs



Spring always brings to mind the word fresh.


I love this word, and the feelings, sights and smells associated with it. 


Fresh air, fresh bread, fresh fruit, refreshed.

This time of year makes me want to throw open all my windows, clean every nook and cranny of my home, and cook amazing, in-season food.


And so, I share with you an all-time favorite recipe. Salmon is one of my favorite things and this Broiled Salmon is mouth-watering and tender.


Try it! You will be converted.




Broiled Salmon
by: Amy Dotson

4 Salmon fillets (I like to use the frozen & individually packaged Alaskan salmon from Costco)
1 large onion, sliced ("half-moon" slices)
Lemon, sliced (optional)
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Fresh herbs


  1. Turn on broiler (I like my broiler at 450 degrees for this).
  2. Rinse each salmon fillet and pat dry with a paper towel.
  3. Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil on a baking sheet.
  4. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet.
  5. Arrange sliced onions around the salmon in a single layer (and lemon slices if desired).
  6. Drizzle each salmon fillet with approximately 1/4 tablespoon olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and your favorite fresh herbs. (My favorite lately is dill, chives and scallions - mixed or separate).
  7. Place in hot broiler for 10-13 minutes (I like mine to be a bit caramelized on top).
  8. Serve hot with roasted zucchini spears, Parmesan-carrot risotto and a mixed greens salad.

(You can find the recipe for Parmesan-carrot risotto on my blog.)

-----

Amy has been married to her hunky, business owning, semi-pro football playing, graphic designer husband for nearly 8 years. She is also mother to an energetic, delightful, and precocious 3 year old little girl. You'll find more at I Wish I Was in Dixie. Visitors always welcome!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook