Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Things to remember among the fingerprints...


Being a Mom is hard work. Really hard work. Currently I am a stay at home mom to my adorable three year old little girl. She is constantly on the go and follows up with a quizzical "Why?" after every statement I make. She leaves fingerprints on the glass doors, glass table, and windows....leaves crumbs on the table and floor after eating, scatters her toys and movies among her stuffed animals and leaves a trail of princess dresses, fairy wings, and "magic" wands in the hallway leading up to her bedroom. When I look around most days I feel overwhelmed...how in the world can such a tiny little thing make such a HUGE mess in such little time? I will forever be stumped....I swear, I just vacuumed! One day I was feeling frustrated and that I would never have a clean house....I was short tempered and went into the kitchen to organize some papers when I ran across a handout we had received in Relief Society some time ago....As I read the quote on the paper tears came to my eyes...

"If you're raising children be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled, will disappear all too soon, and that you will, to your surprise, miss them, profoundly.”
— Thomas S. Monson

That quote was just the kick in the pants I needed. I sat down and thought how quickly my little girl will grow, a few years a teenager, a woman, a wife, a mother,.... I decided right then and there to make each day count. I called out my daughters name and she quickly came running with a big smile on her face. I enveloped her in my arms tightly and told her how much I loved her...the pile of laundry, the crumbs from lunch, and the half eaten animal cracker on the counter can all wait.....for what really matters is right here in my arms.

Kiley has been married to the love of her life {and Donny Osmond look-a-like} for Seven years. She is also Mother to a gorgeous three year old, Owner and Designer of Cherry Blossoms {Hair Accessories} and Cherry Blossoms {The Blog}.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook