Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Knew and Know


I was so much smarter when I was 20 than I am now.

When I was 20 years old, I was pregnant with my first child and I knew everything.

I knew that I would never give my child a bottle because breastfeeding was so much better.

I knew that my children would almost never watch TV, and the little bit that they did watch would all be educational.

I knew that video games would never be allowed in my house.  Ever.  Of any kind.

Eight years later, I have dumbed downed considerably.

All of my babies drank out of a bottle at one point or another.  My children watch much more TV than I ever imagined.  And there is currently an Xbox sitting above my TV right now.

But I have learned a few things:

*Video games do not necessarily rot a young boy's brain to the point that they become a menace to society.  But golf might.

*A heavy hand is not always the right answer.

*Being loving is always more important than being right.

*Vomit is always disgusting.  But, actually, I already knew that.

*Never giving up takes more love than you can possibly imagine.


You know, it kind of makes me wonder what I will know in ten more years.

Rachel Sue is a stay at home mom who loves to read, eat, craft, blog and snuggle with her 4 little kiddos as often as they will let her. Read more about her burdens and her blessings at Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug.


















Photo Credit: here.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook