Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Why I Blog




I think everyone should have a blog. I really do.  I started blogging about a year ago and knew absolutely nothing including where to begin.

  I started to blog because I wanted to keep in touch with my friends. I continue to blog because I want to meet more people.

The other day I was thinking about blogger profiles and how we all have one whether or not we actually have a blog.  We all say the same things when we introduce ourselves to one another.

For instance I usually say:  "I'm a mother of three beautiful daughters and I LOVE to write."

Sometimes in the blog world I forget to fill out the little "About me" section. I've filled it I don't know how many times, but each time I fill out that "About me" section I think of something NEW I want to add; Something to peak another person's  interest so they will click over to my blog.

I admit that when I first started blogging, I didn't understand it at all. Why would anyone in their right mind want to publish their feelings and writings on a blog? Not me! However, as I got used to the idea I noticed I wanted to add more and more of my writing.

Because it was fun.

Because it was me.

Because I was connecting with other women and because as a mother I needed to know that other moms struggle too.

This is what I have learned from blogging:

  • Keep your posts short. There are so many blogs in the blogosphere to read. If you keep your posts short you are more likely to get a comment on your blog. (And who doesn't love feedback?)
  • Connect with your readers. Listen to them when they comment.  Respond back to them. Develop a relationship with them. It will help them to keep coming back for more if they know you care.
  • Find your voice. When you write, realize it is you talking. Don't copy anyone else. Just talk to me like you would on the telephone. I want to learn more about YOU! That's why I am on your blog!
  • If you have a blog, you have probably heard of Blogfrog and Twitter. Sign up and get on if you haven't already. These are great forums to join and connect with others.
  • Just write! Make sure you update somewhat daily on your blog.  If you don't post, people can't read what you have to say. I suggest updating your readers 2-3 times a week. Sometimes too much can be overwhelming.


Blogging has brought me some amazing friends and connections I would have never had if I wouldn't have started blogging.

When I blog I remember that I'm not alone and there are other moms who struggle-- just like me.

Blogging is about making connections and lifelong friendships.  Who truthfully, who doesn't want more friends?




Alexes is a mother of three beautiful daughters and can be found making videos and connecting with others at One Cluttered Brain.







Image can be found on Flickr

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook