Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

My New Life Motto

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

As I look back on the many trials that I have had in my life
I wish I would have taken this perspective.
Since hearing this quote last night I have thought about some of the hardships that I have faced:
sickness on my mission
infertility
having 2 babies 15 months apart
lack of job security
career change
just to name a few.
I think back to how my mind set was during those trials and it makes me sad
that I didn't embrace the challenges,
that would have made me stronger,
 but wished them away.

A perfect example:
I had dealt with the up and downs of infertility for 4 years.
I craved a baby.
I ached for a baby.
Finally, a sweet gift from God was given to me in the form of a baby girl.
And life was good.

15 months after my first daughter was born, we were blessed with another baby girl.
I was living my dream of being a mother,
but this time around was different.
I had a small dose of post partum depression,
Clint was traveling a week at a time,
I was all by myself
and life was HARD.
I remember thinking each morning
'if I could just make it through this day, I'll be okay.'
My days felt like a whirlwind.
Non-stop cries,
a dozen diaper changes,
loads of laundry,
constant caring for,
 and I felt out of control.

Many times I thought once they are older, things will calm down and I'll be able to enjoy them.
I wanted so badly for that storm to pass.
I was counting the seconds for it to be over.
Now that that storm has passed, my girls are older and best friends.
My house is calm and scheduled.
Things are good.
But I regret not learning to dance in the rain for those 2 years.
I could have, if I put mind to it.
When I think of all the things I missed out on because of my attitude it makes me teary eyed.

From now on,
whatever challenge I might face,
I am going to embrace it, stay positive, look for the good things around me,
and find the silver lining.
No more regrets....



-----
guest post by Brandy of Sweet Days of Our Lives

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook