Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

My name is Inigo Mon-Katy. You gave my child head lice. Prepare to die!


I don't know who it was in the pre-mortal existence that thought it would be a good idea to create such a nasty, horrible, beyond annoying lil' "thing" as head lice for us to deal with here on earth...but when I learn their name...and I will learn their name...it will be shunned from my vocabulary.  The devil's name will be higher up on my totem pole of evil names, believe you me.

But I guess it is what it is.  Lice is here.  And so I must deal.  If anything I've gained a greater sense of humility.  Good ol' humility.  Can't ever get enough of that stuff, right? 

I wonder if the phrase, "What would Jesus Do" could be applied here?

Do you think Mary ever had to spend hours and hours going through Jesus' hair looking for lice and eggs and killing them because He got them from some school friend down the street?  I wonder if He cried out in pain as Mary went over every snarl and curl to make sure His head was lice free daily?  I wonder if she was annoyed with it all as she had to clean everything over and over again, making sure their wasn't a bug or egg she missed.  She probably was really cool, calm and collected about it all.

Not like me.  So not like me.

But I guess if Christ had to go through it...I shouldn't be all that upset.  He was perfect for goodness sakes!  No need for a humility lesson there, my friends.  But it did give Him what I am so eternally grateful for.

Empathy.

Empathy for me in my lice stricken situation.

And there's an opportunity there for us to strengthen our relationship, right?

Oh okay.....I "get" you now.....you insect called, "lice".

But please understand me when I say this, and I mean it will all the love I have in my heart.

May we never met again.



Katy is a musically inclined wife and mother of three who enjoys life's many adventures...especially when cheesecake is involved. Ahhhh...blessed cheesecake.  Her roller coaster of thoughts can be found at http://www.ourdaisylife.blogspot.com/.  admission is always free.






*photo courtesy of yahoo images

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook