Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Don't Kick the Dog!

My niece, like most toddlers, is fiercely independent. Or at least she wants to be. If she can do it for herself there is no way on earth she's going to accept you doing it for her.

She has these toy blocks, and she knows exactly how she wants those blocks stacked. The problem is her fine motor skills have not caught up to her expectation, and she simply can't get the blocks to do what she wants them to do. Her father tries to help her, but she won't let him. She wants to do it all. by. herself.

This frustrates her. Each failed attempt leads to more and more frustration, until she finally gets up to go kick their dog.

This cracks me up, but it also makes me think: How often have a not accepted help, when I probably could have used it? How often has my Father in Heaven been willing to help me accomplish something I had a hard time doing, but I wouldn't let Him. How often have I taken frustration out on someone I love?

I guess we grown-ups are more like toddlers than we think.

----

Heather likes to think of herself as A Goddess in Progress, which is where she normally spills out the personal triumphs, failures, discoveries, and random details of her life.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook