Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Learning How to Fly



I do believe that a Superhero cape is Heaven's standard issue for women who become mothers.

The women in my life who have devoted themselves to motherhood all seem to me to be able to pull off small miracles, practically every day. For example, feeding a family of five -for a week- on exactly $5. Or being up all night with a sick baby and managing to get the older ones dressed, fed, and to school on time in the morning. Or to come up with an entire Halloween costume at 5:42 on Halloween night when Little Johnny decides he wants to be a ninja instead of a robot.

I know you know what I mean.

I've been a mother for exactly 5 months. Now more than ever before, I am aware of my total reliance on Heaven, and that God-given cape. I've already learned that being a mother requires a great deal of courage, and endless sacrifice. There is a serious learning curve here, and I'm trying my best to keep up, to trust my intuition, to seek the guidance of the Spirit, to grow into this Superhero cape.

In the mean time, I'm learning to understand that the desire, faith, and the trial and error method is, actually, enough.

---


Heather likes to think of herself as A Goddess in Progress, which is where she normally spills out the personal triumphs, failures, discoveries, and random details of her life.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook