Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

A Man and His Business


It was the Primary Presentation for our ward at church.

My husband was out of town and my three oldest children were up on the stand with the other kids.

As I sat on the bench with only two kids to worry about, I couldn't help but think that this was the easiest sacrament meeting I could remember having in a very long time.

Apparently one should never think such ridiculous thoughts, it's bound to bite you in the bum.


It was easy to pick out Savannah (age 7), from the group as she made it her life's mission to belt out the songs louder than anyone else.

I exaggerate not.

Jacob (age 4) too was unforgettable as he went up to the microphone to say his little line. His smile was so big I thought his face would split in half and he giggled so hard through his part that everyone in the congregation laughed.

Not giggled, not chuckled... laughed, out loud.

But it was Joseph (age 5) who really took the cake.

Near the end of the program, he just walks off the stand and over to me to tell me he needed to go to the bathroom. I whispered back that the program was almost over so he should just hold it and go back up to his seat on the stand.

Visibly upset, he stomps back up to his seat, and as he passed the leader sitting on the end of his row very loudly stated, "Mommy said No!!"

He then proceeded to throw himself dramatically into his chair head first so his bum is to the congregation. After a moment he turned to face me and gave me the biggest scowl I have ever seen. Seriously, I was sure I was going to erupt into flames his glare was so intense.

By now, those sitting near me were ducking their heads to hide their laughter.

Awesome.

Then during a song, and yes, from up there on the stand, Joseph yells out and calls down to me, "Moooomm! I'm going to wet my underwear!!"

Now all the leaders sitting near Joseph up on the stand, as well as others sitting close enough to hear, were ducking their heads, bodies visibly shaking as they tried to contain their laughter.

Great. Just great.

I finally, and yes, a bit frantically, waved him down for fear of what he would yell out next, and told him to go do what he had to do. And he did.

When he came back, he runs... more like leaps up to his seat, big smile on his face, and joins in the song.

Well okay then.

When I recounted the story to Hubby later that day, he laughed and said, "Well what do you expect? You should never get between a man and his business."


Thanks for the insight there honey.

-----

 
Serene is a mom of five crazy kiddos who blogs about all her parenting misadventures at Serene is my name, Not my life! She is also a freelance artist so be sure to view her portfolio page!

 

******** Get MMB’s newest posts in email or in your blog reader. Follow us on: Twitter, Become a Facebook Fan and keep-up via Networked Blogs!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook