Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

On Little Wings - Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 2012

Editors Note: Overwhelming it seems that Authors, especially YA authors, are convinced that in order to have a book that will appeal to everyone and sell there has to be sex, vulgar language and in particular the "F" word. We have an opportunity as Christian Women to speak loudly and clearly that this is not what we want to read, nor what we want our children to read.

Please read the following article and take the 5 minutes necessary to help make our voices heard by voting for this Amazon Breakthrough Novel and in the process help out a fellow Mormon Mommy Blogger. Hurry! Voting ends tomorrow!


(You must be signed into your Amazon account to vote. Don't have one? It's easy to make and it is also free!)  

--



I always talked about writing a book. I'd bring it up in the middle of conversations with my husband. "When I write that book..."
One day those words came out of my mouth for the last time. "When I write that book.."
I stopped mid-sentence and had a moment with myself. And it went exactly like this:
If you are going to write it, write it. If you aren't going to write it, shut up about it!
A little direct, but I meant it in the most constructive way.

The next day I started typing. Somewhere in between fruit snacks and ear infections I wrote a book. It took the better part of a year and all kinds of fortitude.
I wanted to write something clean and honest and uplifting. Something devoid of sex, longing for sex, bad language and violence. Oh yeah, and I didn't want it to be sappy, syrupy, boring or stupid.
Good luck to me.
But I gave it my absolute all. I am a daughter of the greatest Creator in the universe and that gave me courage to keep looking for my words. I knew I had something to contribute, no matter how minuscule.

This week my novel, On Little Wings, was announced as a finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 2012. Out of 5,000 young adult manuscripts, only three moved on to the finals. Of the three, I am the only writer from the United States. And here is where the hard part comes in. For one week Amazon lets its readers decide which of the finalists should be published. This is a unique opportunity to have a say in the content of our media. You decide which book you want to read!

In the midst of the madness accompanying this competition my favorite moments are the ones where I stop and gather my daughters into my arms and remember I didn't come to earth to write a book. I came to make a masterpiece of my life.

I do not create beautiful things in spite of being a mother.
I create beautiful things because I am a mother.

 You can learn more about the contest at Amazon.com/abna  or go directly to the voting page at Amazon On Little Wings

---

Regina Sirois is 90% reader and 10% writer, and as such, her loyalty lies with readers. She believes a book should do more than mildly entertain- it should change us. She graduated summa cum laude from Missouri State's Department of History and English and settled in the golden wheat fields of Kansas with her High School love. She is currently doing laundry (probably) and raising her two daughters. She fell in love the day she learned to read and cried the first time she did a word problem in math ("But it's not a problem..." sob, sob. "It's a story!"). In her debut novel, "On Little Wings," Regina Sirois holds nothing back as she dares to make us believe.




******** Get MMB’s newest posts in email or in your blog reader. Follow us on: Twitter, Become a Facebook Fan and keep-up via Networked Blogs!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook