Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Journaling and Happy Endorphins

"My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. You remember that song we sometimes sing: “Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.” Henry B. Eyring "O Remember, Remember" - Liahona Nov. 2007.

It has been reiterated over and over again how we should keep journals. I recently read an article entitled The Power of Gratitude in the Face of Tragedy. My focus this year has been on being grateful. The article talks about being grateful and how gratitude fosters happiness and optimism. Yes, Yes, Yes! And do you know what else? Happier people are generally healthier. When you focus on blessings and what is going right in your life and are thankful for that, all those happy endorphin's are just going to flow through your veins. It's good stuff.  Then they mentioned the infamous Gratitude Journal. I've read many things on Gratitude Journals and the art of documenting those gifts; from Oprah Winfrey, to One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, to the leaders of our Church. One thing is certain, these people know something, and I'm certain they speak the truth.

On another note, when my writing and ideas hit a slump, I have found that guided journaling might be just the thing to propel me through a writer's block. The journals I can find online are lovely with prompts and pretty papers often for a small cost. Better still, I came across this gal's website where she offers some of her pages for free.

I really love it when a blogger goes the extra mile. I quickly downloaded them to put together my own guided journal/SMASH book. Because, yes, I do often put in pictures and mementos, too.



Do you keep a journal?  
What style of documentation works best for you?

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Lisa is the mother to one Air Force Son, one Missionary Son and one Sophomore in High School daughter.  She has been married for 24 years to her best friend and blogs at That's What She Said...

**A form of this article originally published on Lisa's blog on April 24, 2013.  You can read the original here**

-Photos by Lisa



 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook