Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Dark Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Hi, my name is Maria Lichty, and I have a food blog, Two Peas and Their Pod. My husband, Josh, is my side-kick in the kitchen. We love cooking and baking together; we are a great team. We try to keep things healthy, but I believe in balance and moderation. I always save room for dessert! We started our blog in 2008 and it has really become a fun hobby. We both have full-time jobs, so we cook, bake, and blog in our "free" time.

I love cookies. Yep, it's true. Not the store bought kind, the good old fashioned homemade cookies. I love to bake all sorts of sweet treats, but cookies are by far my favorite. I might even have an obsession. I have over 70 cookie recipes on my blog. I love creating new cookies. It's fun to play around with different ingredients and flavors. My husband loves my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. You might think "boring", but trust me, they are good.

I really can't choose a favorite; it just depends on the day. I love the classic chocolate chip cookie, chocolate toffee, and my oatmeal cookies with cinnamon roasted almonds, cocoa nibs, and dark chocolate. Oh wait - I also love my Cinnadoodles (see I have an obsession.) Visit our blog and find your favorite cookie.

Today I am sharing the perfect cookie for Valentine's Day:


Dark Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. They are delightful! Make them for your sweetheart this year.



Dark Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
  • 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
  • 1 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 1/4 c. oats
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Nestle Special Dark)
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat and set aside.
  2. Combine sugars and butter with an electric mixer until creamy-this will take about two minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the salt, baking powder, soda, flour. Whisk together. Add flour mixture slowly to the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
  4. Make dough balls-about 1 Tablespoon of dough per cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges and starting to set.
  5. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about three minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies.

You can double the recipe if you want more!


We hope to see you at Two Peas and Their Pod often! We always have something tasty cooking, and you can always count on a hot and fresh cookie, right out of the oven. So bring a glass of milk and come on over!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook