Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

San Diego Temple



san diego temple by katrina madsen berg, 11×14 oil on wrapped canvas

This was Brittany’s Merry Merry from the designer and me this year. Quite possibly my favorite gift we gave this year. It was one of the most challenging temples I’ve done so far. This was my 3rd canvas attempt. The previous two never made it past the sketching stage. They were both 16×20 in size. I finally decided the scale wasn’t working for me. When I began the final sketch, I knew it was going to work. Perhaps it was the scale, perhaps I needed to draw it a few times…:)

The San Diego Temple will always hold a special place in my heart. I was 16 when our Mutual Group took a trip to the Open House. I was amazed by the architecture and design. Even more impressed that non-LDS architects had designed the fortress. Truly, they must have been inspired, to be able to so perfectly design a place without knowledge of, or experience with, the events that would take place within.

My sister was sealed there, so was one of my BFFs. I loved walking the grounds, watching them take photos with their loved ones. I’m still in awe every time I see it approaching on the freeway. If only I could reach and point towards heaven everyday as the San Diego temple does!


---

10.09 306 katrina madsen berg is an artist living and creating in Midway, Utah. She is a creator of home, a lover of the designer, and a nurturer and teacher of 3 small souls in the daylight. As the day turns to night, she creeps in to her studio and paints till the designer tells her its time to sleep. You can read more about her quest for beauty and to create at the daily delights, or check out more of her art at the wasatch back artists online gallery.


 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook