Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

A+B=C



While attending BYU I was required to take a math class. I wasn't the only poor, picked on soul; my 34,000 fellow classmates had to meet the same requirement. The truth of the matter is that I should have been the exception to that rule. You see, my major had zilch to do with math. More importantly, I am terrible at math. Math is my archenemy, my nemesis, and I was convinced that it would be my destruction.

Yet, there I sat in that dreaded math class. For the second time because Round One proved unsuccessful.

I did pass the class, but not before I brainwashed myself into thinking that I would never use math in the "real world".

Turns out, I was wrong.

You see, my nearly 6-month old son has developed a fake cry and a girl scream. I speak the truth. Both are equally ear piercing and, dare I say, annoying. You can imagine my despair as I was forced to listen to the fake cry and girl scream all day yesterday. You see, we were locked in the house because a huge snow storm misplaced itself and inattentively made its appearance in our neck of the woods. A rare occasion indeed. My achy eardrum and misery reminded me of my math class. My insanity propelled me into a state of formulating math equations. Here's what I came up with:

[(Fake Cry x Loud) x (Girl Scream x Annoying)] + (Misplaced Snow Storm) = (Cabin Fever + Serious need for Ear Plugs)

Who said math wouldn't come in handy in the "real world"?

---
guest post by Vanessa of Operation: Housewife

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook