Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Decorative Painting with Painter's Tape

Below is a picture of my office. Do you want to know how to create this wall in your home for CHEAP with a capital C?


As you can imagine, me and painter's tape, yeah we are BEST friends. I can't live without her lately. One roll of painter's tape costs around $6.00 at Home Depot.



I ALWAYS check for "OOPS" paint when I go to Home Depot. These are paints that someone has returned and Home Depot sells them for $5.00 a gallon. I lucked out and found a scrupulous blue Ralph Lauren gallon of metallic paint. And if you plan to only paint one wall...why pay full price when you will only need 1/2 a gallon anyway!?!?


I made my own stencil with the tape. I covered a piece of wax paper with the tape, cut out the leaves, and then stuck them to the wall.



I had to be careful that the edges of the tape were pressed firmly against the wall. You can then use paint-able caulk along the edge of the tape...which will give you a nice clean, crisp line with no touch ups needed when you peel the tape off.


My cute hubby ended up painting the wall for me while I was out of town. What a guy, huh!?!?

Here is the final result. Turned out SAWEET didn't it!?!?


---

Brooke is a mom of three who is obsessed with decorating and loves to teach others how to do it the THRIFTY way over at her site All Things Thrifty.


 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook