Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Gratitude

Gratitude. I have been feeling grateful a lot lately. My gratitude all started when someone in church challenged me to pray and ask for nothing in return, just thank Heavenly Father for everything I have. So, I decided to get specific about what I am grateful for. I am thankful for a roof over my head, for beautiful healthy children, and a wonderful husband who is very supportive of me and my endeavors in writing.

I feel particularly blessed when I listen to the hymns in church and sing along. We sung the hymn, "There is a Green Hill Far Away" in sacrament last week. Tears came to my eyes because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus atoned for my sins and He is the only one that could do that. He loves us all so much that He sent a comforter, the Holy Ghost, a member of the Godhead, to comfort us when we are feeling low or we just need some love.

Even during rough trials, I feel the Savior in my life. I could get mad. I could get frustrated. But it wouldn't do any good. He loves me. I feel His love every day in my life. It seems silly to get mad at God when we agreed to be tested. We knew there would be trials; but we wanted to be tested so we could have the chance to live with God again someday and one day become as He is, creators of our own world.

I am grateful for friends. The friends I have in my life know exactly what to say to comfort me when I am feeling low. I truly believe that some of the friends I have right now are answers to my prayers. Because the Lord knows me. He knows all of us. The Savior, Jesus Christ, is my Elder brother who cares for me. I want to do everything I can to make it back to Him someday.

Truly I am blessed indeed.

What are you grateful for right now?

---

Alexes is one crazed writing fool; perhaps one day she might get paid for what she writes. She is the mother of three daughters (no sons) and you can find more about her at her personal blog One Cluttered Brain or at Writer's Block.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook