Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Zucchini - It's Coming Out My Ears. Part 1



 
I have had to get creative on the baking front this last month. There is so much zucchini coming in from my garden that I can't keep up! Seriously folks, it's a problem.

So. Here is attempt number one at tricking my family into eating zucchini. Again.

Zucchini "Crisp"
by Amy Dotson

Peel and slice 4 cups of zucchini.

After I peel the zucchini, I like to rinse it to get that slippery stuff off. Also, it works best if you quarter the zucchini length-wise before slicing it.

Toss sliced zucchini with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbs sugar.
Grease an 8x8 baking dish and Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Pour zucchini slices into greased baking dish. Mix the following items together thoroughly and sprinkle over the zucchini.
  • 2/3 to 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened (not melted)

Bake for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender and the topping is browned.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (or both!)


I have an AWESOME Zucchini Chocolate Cake recipe coming soon!






Amy has been married to her hunky, business owning, semi-pro football playing, graphic designer husband for 8 years. She is also mother to an energetic, delightful, and precocious 4 year old little girl. You'll find more at I Wish I Was in Dixie. Visitors always welcome.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook