Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

He was a Prophet of God


I've been thinking a lot about Joseph Smith lately.

I've been a member of this faith my entire life, and  I KNOW that the gospel is true. 

But I never really got into the different parts of the restoration; I just accepted it as a whole, and went on my merry way. 

Recently, I've felt impressed to learn more about the early days of the Church, and the more I read, the more amazed I am at the strength of the early saints, and the solidity of their testimonies. 

In Teachings of the Presidents: Joseph Smith, there is an entire chapter (43) dedicated to the testimonies of Joseph Smith. 
"I feel like shouting, hallelujah, all the time, when I think that I ever knew Joseph Smith, the Prophet whom the Lord raised up and ordained, and to whom he gave keys and power to build up the kingdom of God on earth and sustain it." - Brigham Young
"...if I ever did know anything on this earth I surely knew that he was a Prophet." - Daniel D. McArthur
I have found that as I learn more about Joseph Smith, my love and respect for him increases, and my testimony of the restored gospel grows. 


READER CHALLENGE: Get to know Joseph Smith better this week. Read some of his history, get to know his wife Emma. Try to find something about his life that you connect with personally.

FHE IDEA: Play pioneer games! This link has a great collection of pioneer games, and the Stick Pull was one of Joseph Smith's favorites!

SCRIPTURE STUDY: D&C 135:3

PRINTABLE HANDOUT:  D&C 135:3 8x10 Printable

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook