Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

To Chart Or Not To Chart: How to get kids to do their chores

source
Summer is coming and we are excited. The weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer, and the bugs are buzzing all around. I also have a sense of impending doom because the daily routine that our school year provides is about to disappear. Summer seriously messes with our routine.

My children have jobs that they do each day, and with summer meaning more free time, I worry that they will forget to do the things they are assigned, unless I'm very bossy.

So, in an effort to keep my house from falling down around me, I'm considering implementing some sort of chart-thing. I began my search on Pinterest, because it's a very helpful place,  but the ideas were overwhelming, difficult, and overtly cute.

I don't need cute. I need it to work.

I need basic. I need simple. I need real.

And, dear friends, this is where you come in.

You, my real life friends, with real life chore charts, and real life order.

Do I need a wheel that turns? Do I need to have a graph? Should I get stickers involved? And can I use TV time as currency?

I'm about to burn the whole house down and start from scratch, so I beg of you, please give me your best get-the-kids-to-do-their-chores secrets so that we can all be happy and organized together.

- - - - - - -

Morgan is a mother of four boys and a bitty baby girl. Her husband and she are starting out on the journey of homesteading (as in six chickens, a dog and two cats, oh and a garden.) When she's not homeschooling, she's ignoring dishes and laundry in an attempt to write a novel. It's a good life. Come visit at The Ing Family blog.

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook