Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Reader Spotlight

MMB-er's, Meet Nancy. She's a stay at home mother of six beautiful kids, and she writes about her adventures in life at A Chicken in the Window Well. 


I grew up in UT and live here still. My main claims to adventure would be my little stint attending the BYU Jerusalem Center, and the several years I spent living in a small WA town just outside of Portland, OR.

As the 10th child in a family of 11 children, noise, a bit of chaos, and voices speaking loudly to be heard over one another was the norm. By college I had more than 30 nieces and nephews. I don't even know the official number now. So, when I say I have six kids, and will probably have another, I can hear that it sounds crazy to most people, but it doesn't feel crazy to me. That doesn't mean I don't get exhausted by clutter or want to wring a few kids necks most days. It just means that a house full of comings and goings and noise feels absolutely natural and . . . kind of beautiful to me.

With my dad being both an author and a college English professor, and my mom having spent many years teachind Drama and Theater at the local highschool, the arts seemed the logical thing to pursue -- and I did spend most of my highschool years taking art and writing classes -- so I was a bit surprised to discover a love for Biology during college. I ended up graduating from Weber State University as that year's Outstanding Zoology Student. I was accepted into graduate school to do Neurobiology work the same week I found out I was pregnant with my first. We could have made it work, but the logistics would have made it very complicated, so that dream went on hold. Six kids later I don't know if I will ever pursue that path or not. In the mean time, I am quite happy raising kids, laughing with my husband, and giving outlet to the less scientific right-brained side of myself through my writing and photography hobbies.

There are a lot of things I would like to do and accomplish. A lot of things I would like to become. But the person I most want to be -- and am still so far from with my annoyances and lack of understanding -- is one who loves with out exception. The thing I want most to learn in this life down here is not to judge, not to assume, and not to only like people for the reflection of myself I see in them, but for who they are and how they believe, feel and think.

Nancy thinks you should read these blog posts:
          * Aren't We All the Same?
          * A is for Apple, S is for Sherbet
          * The Present

Nancy's favorite scripture is D&C 78:19: "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."

Visit Nancy's blog, A Chicken in the Window Well, to connect with her!


Want to be Spotlighted? Head over to Get Featured page to get started!

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook